Victor CFS Operational Support
The Victor Harbor Operational Support Brigade (VOPS) is a separate CFS Brigade in the Victor CFS Group.
The Operational Support Brigade provides operational support to the three active Victor Brigades. This includes support in the management of larger or more complex incidents responded to by the Group and it’s Brigades as well as assisting with training and planning for better operational performance in future incidents.
Some of the tasks performed by the Operational Support Brigade:
- Radio communication and logging (recording) during incidents.
- Providing information to responding crews.
- Conduct paging (SAGRN) as requested by Incident Control.
- Source additional equipment needed for operations, such as bulldozers or loaders.
- Provide welfare/catering for fire-fighters engaged at incident.
- Assist and provide weather forecasts and mapping requests.
- Liaison with Regional and other CFS personal.
- Supply local knowledge and support for incoming IMT.
- Assist with the dispatch of Strike Teams from the Group to other areas.
- Participate in training and planning to improve future operational performance.
If you thinking about joining, give our captain a call on 0409313007. She is happy to explain any aspects of being a CFS member with Victor Harbor Operational Support Brigade.